The Harvey County Emergency Management Department is dedicated to serve the citizens and local governments to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to and recover from all types of emergencies and disasters – natural, technological and national security.
- Creation of a local emergency management partnership with other Local, State and Federal government agencies, volunteer organizations and the private sector
- Establishment of local integrated management system with local partners which is comprehensive, risk-based and all-hazards in approach
- Make hazard mitigation the foundation of the local management system
- Provide a rapid and effective response to any emergency or disaster
- Strengthen local emergency management and revitalize the cadre of emergency responders in Harvey County
- Coordinate Development and Upkeep of Local Emergency Operations Plan
- Administrative Arm of the Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Review and Coordinate Emergency Plans of Private and Public Agencies
- Our staff consists of one full-time Director and half-time Secretary, who works in the office from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.