Commission Meetings — 9 a.m. every Monday unless otherwise noted in agenda
Location — Commission Room on the first floor of the Harvey County Courthouse
At these meetings, the County Commissioners have the opportunity to hear public concerns as well as vote on county policies, regulations, etc. It is the job of the Board of Harvey County Commissioners to decide overall policy for Harvey County, to determine the annual budget, to determine overall long-range plans for Harvey County, to hire and fire nonelected Department Heads and to manage County property.
The Harvey County Commissioners are responsible for appointing members of certain county boards such as the Regional Planning Commission, the Council on Aging, the Parks Advisory Board and several others. These citizen advisory boards provide important input to the Commission to aide in policy and decision making.
The County Commission also does other tasks required by statutes or required by County business. The three member Commission is elected by districts in Harvey County for four-year terms. Each Commissioner also serves on several public boards as listed below.
1st District Commissioner
- Aviation Board
- REAP Board
- Public-Private Partnership
- Fairgrounds Site Development Committee
- KLP Development Authority Alternate
- Chamber Breakfast Representative
2nd District Commissioner
- Public Building Commission
- REAP Board Alternate
- Coordinated Transit Board
- Harvey County Council of Governments
3rd District Commissioner
- Board of Community Corrections
- Regional Youth Advisory Board
- Central KS Solid Waste Authority
- Little Arkansas River Water Board (WRAP)
- KLP Development Authority
- Local Emergency Planning Commission